New York City is home to some of the most renowned cultural institutions in the world, and starting this week, The New York Public Library is making it even easier for New Yorkers to enjoy these remarkable destinations with Culture Pass , a service that allows library cardholders to visit cultural institutions throughout the city for free.
To get started, you'll need a free library card from The New York Public Library, Brooklyn Public Library, or Queens Library.
Anyone who lives, works, or goes to school in New York is welcome to apply for a library card from The New York Public Library. Get a library card or renew your card at a location near you. You can also apply for a card online and follow directions for validating and picking up your physical card at one of our locations. After you receive your physical card, you can begin to make reservations with Culture Pass. Learn more, check if you're eligible for an NYPL library card, or apply for a card now.
NYC library cardholders can borrow passes for two or four people at cultural institutions throughout the city. Cultural institutions currently participating in Culture Pass include the following, but more will be added on an ongoing basis:
• Brooklyn Botanic Garden
• Brooklyn Children's Museum
• Brooklyn Historical Society
• Brooklyn Museum
• Children's Museum of Manhattan
• Children's Museum of the Arts
• Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
• The Drawing Center
• The Frick Collection
• Historic Richmond Town
• International Center of Photography
• Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
• Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art
• The Jewish Museum
• Louis Armstrong House
• The Metropolitan Museum of Art
• The Morgan Library & Museum
• Museum of Modern Art, MoMA PS1
• Museum of Chinese in America
• Museum of Jewish Heritage – A Living Memorial to the Holocaust
• Museum of the City of New York
• New York Transit Museum
• Noguchi Museum
• Queens Historical Society
• Queens Museum
• Rubin Museum of Art
• Smithsonian National Museum of the American Indian
• Society of Illustrators
• Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
• Sugar Hill Children's Museum
• Wave Hill
• Whitney Museum of American Art
Explore the Culture Pass website for more information.
The role of public libraries for over 100 years is to make information, knowledge, and opportunity accessible to all. Culture Pass is certainly an extension of that mission and we hope you enjoy this new resource.