- Meghan Murphy tells The Times that in order to address the safety concerns of trans-identified males, men should welcome them into men’s changing rooms and private spaces. Murphy says:
“The problem is men. If trans women are afraid of being assaulted by men, and women are afraid of being assaulted by men, then education needs to happen around men.”
- Photographer, Jeon Bora, documents the short hair and makeup-free faces of women who’ve joined the “escape the corset” movement to reject oppressive beauty ideals in South Korea.
- An anonymous caseworker for women trafficked in Ireland’s sex trade, says that buyers are, “increasingly influenced by what they see in pornography,” and “see violence in sex as the norm.”
- Police in Nigeria’s capital, Abuja, are arresting women at nightclubs on charges of prostitution based on claims they were dressed “provocatively.”
- Progressive New Zealand journalist, Rachel Stewart, faces harassment and calls to be fired for disagreeing with gender identity politics.
The post What’s Current: Meghan Murphy says men ‘should accept trans women in changing rooms’ appeared first on Feminist Current.